Thursday, June 26, 2008

Coaster Art Musings - The Beginning


I love playing with artful scraps and leftovers. I also like the idea of recycling those little coasters that you get at your local favorite restaurant (if they are not too wet that is)....they are such a perfect size canvas.

I got this coaster when I went out to dinner with a friend of mine and we were having a soulful conversation. The card had the word "soul" already on it. So after rummaging through my scraps, paint and cut up paper sheets, I got to work painting the card and adding all of the elements. I even had an extra inchie collage square from an art charity collaborative project.

Doing art on these are a good place to experiment with different techniques on a smaller scale.

I have sooooo many more of these coasters...so stay tuned for more "Coaster Art Musings!"

No comments: