Saturday, December 13, 2008

The 3 Pink Saturdays of Christmas....

OK, so I am a Saturday behind....

For this Pink Christmas Saturday Day...my creativity brought to me....a painted, pink, cookie plate (with lovely chalkboard paint).
My sister invited me to her in-laws day after Thanksgiving "tradition". Their family gets together at a place in Lancaster, Ohio called Art and Clay on Main.

Here, you get inspired by the endless selection of finished items. The 1st step is to pick a plain piece of pottery (this is the most difficult...the choice). 2nd, you go to town decorating it with all of the colors of paint and specialty glazes. 3rd, the painted piece dries completely and the staff place it in a kiln to complete the process. 4th, Your piece is then picked up to then enjoy it. Of course on little color note....after kiln firing, the color will have a different character and will be nice and shinny (I don't have my finished version yet).

It was a real joy seeing my nephews do their painted masterpieces....

Darek (the oldest), painting with Papa Greg.....

Mason (with his mama's hand to help out).....
Hope that you all are having a lovely Pink Saturday and a great holiday season.

For more Pink Saturday blogs, go on over to Beverly's at How Sweet the Sound (look under the link to the right sidebar for this Saturday of course). See you next week!

6 comments:

Nihal said...

What a blog, completely inspired by Pink, the color of positive thinking.
Have a Happy Pink Saturday.

said...

Fun times indeed! I've done a ceramic painting once with my daughters. Mine didn't turn out like I'd hoped but it was a lot of fun. :o)

SmilingSally said...

Family times are the best! Happy Pink Saturday!

Anonymous said...

LOOKS LIKE THE FAMILY IS HAVING A NICE TIME...ANN

Anonymous said...

Good Evening... Amy

I sent you an email through Mary Jane's... due to the fact I didn't have your email address.

Just let me know... I hope to see you soon... Hugs, Pamela

Anonymous said...

Hi Amy. As you can see, I am still catching up from last Saturday.

My son takes my grandson to these places, and I love the special things he creates.