Saturday, May 30, 2009

My Pink Heart is Full in Branson

Well, another pink journey that my husband and I made. This time, we took a 'quick' trip to Branson, MO, primarily to visit a cousin of Tim's.

This is a more abbreviated pink travel post:

I found this short in a thrift store in Springfield, MO (very close to Branson).....it says 'My Heart is Full'...how appropriate, as I feel that my heart is full of hope and love at the moment (not only the trip but life in general).
Pink peonies at one of the wineries that we visited....I love these flowers, they remind me of my grandmother's peonies that she had planted near her farmhouse. Friday night, we went to Branson Landing. There was a fountain and light show after the sun went down...very cool!
On Saturday night, we went with our wonderful hosts to a show called 'Liverpool Legends' - a very true blue Beatles tribute band....they were even personally handpicked by George Harrison's sister, Louise. These guys are good. They really look and sound just like the real thing...talk about doin' time travel. Here is a pic of Tim and I before the show....
In Branson, people are allowed to take photos during the show....This one was during the representation of the Sgt. Peppers 'era'.....the outfit for George is actually more pinkish than the photo.

I now just want to wish dear Beverly at How Sweet the Sound a happy Pink Saturday birthday...woo-hoo! To help celebrate this momentous occasion, party on and see other great pink posts (**Remember to mosey on over to click the May 30th link to the right**)!

Till next time :-)






12 comments:

♥Mimi♥ said...

With our little PINK SATURDAY having a birthday this week, I am on "pink overload" and that is difficult to do to me! I'm lovin' it like crazy!

What lovely pinks this week you have, my dear. The better to see your through my rose colored glasses!☺

Have a great weekend. Not all that warm up in my neck of the woods but the sun is out and that makes the day good. I hope you are surrounded by those you love and that you, too, are bathed in sunshine.

Light and Voices said...

I enjoyed your tour of Branson. My favorite photo was the colorful fountain. Happy Pink Saturday!
Joyce M

Char said...

it looks like you had a great time on your trip to MO. Fun for all, happy pink saturday, Char

Susan @ A Southern Daydreamer said...

I love pink peonies! One of my favorites! Happy Pink Saturday ~ I hope you have a great weekend ~ Susan

Glennis said...

Looks like you had a good time. I've only been to Branson once, and that was to drive through. It looked like a great place to wander and browse, but we were on the road!

Have a great Pink Saturday!

Bette said...

thanks for the quick tour. looks like you had fun. the fountain and light show picture is awesome. i'd like to sit and stare with the rest.

happy PS! cheers!

Claudia said...

Glad you had a great time in Branson! Happy Pink Saturday!

Robin said...

Looks as though you had a wonderful time.
I love peonies too.
Happy Pink Saturday!

Anonymous said...

Ok, it's official, with all the lovely peonies I've seen - it's now a fave :-)

The fountain and light show must be really amazing in person.

Happy PS!

Li

Beansieleigh said...

I'm glad you had fun in Branson! Happy Pink Saturday, and have a wonderful week!

Beverly said...

Amy, I am smiling knowing that your heart is full. Thank you for sharing your trip, and for always making Pink Saturdays special.

Margie said...

Looks like a fun time! I love the picture of the light show!

Have a lovely week!
Margie :)